Sunday, August 28, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

There's a category 5 hurricane (winds are 175 mph right now, moving at 12 mph directionaly) brewing the gulf right now. Its expected to hit the mouth of the Mississippi river Monday morning. My sibs and mom live out there... well, now they're at my house! lol But, Katrina (the hurricane), can turn or not turn and hit us instead or even Texas... who knows... but, we're not in as much danger here as where my sibs live. If it looks like it'll hit us more directly, or if they start wanting to evacuate our area, we'll head either north or west... and just drive, I guess... lol sleep in our vehicles or something.

The weather guys are saying this may be the storm to make the Mississippi river combine with the Atchafalaya basin... which would change the map of Louisiana and leave lots of people homeless.

Anyways... just wanted to give yall a heads up if ya don't hear from me for a while. Last time we had a bad hurricane (not even this size) we were without electricity for 3 days. The bottled water is already gone from the stores.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With all the scenes of devastation and destruction on TV, I hope and pray that all is well for you and your family.
K

Alison said...

Thank-you, K :D Everyone in my family was fine and their homes were pretty much undamaged. I have a cousin and her mom from NO that's staying in my gram's house for now since their house was flooded and in a neighborhood where lots of looting was going on.