Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Finally - an update

I never thought I'd be so happy to see the garbage men! Woohoo! They finally came pick the garbage up this morning... after over a week of waiting! Geez... garbage can sure pile up!

Had the grass cut yesterday too... yay!

Just have to finish cleaning up the house... clothes are pretty much done.

My brother, Jared, and his co-worker/friend, Corey, will be staying here for a little while due to some work they're doing in Lafayette. They'll be here tonight and leave Wednesday. But, will prolly return next week and so on until the job is complete.

I'm soooo sick of treating for Lice. I finally had Jeremy go buy a nice lice comb and I tell you what, I'm gonna comb the girls' hair everyday! I'm not about to treat my girls' with pesticides. Here's a good reason why not. Here's a the Malathion (ingredient/pesticide in Ovide, Prioderm) information sheet. Information about Lindane; which is in Kwell. More info at HeadLice.org

Ursula had fever yesterday for some reason. I didn't treat her, of course. And this morning, it was gone.

She's still allergic to milk. A couple of weeks ago, I let her have a little bit of ice cream and a lick or 2 off my Klondyke bar and she had a rash breakout on her chest and inner thighs. Then, Jeremy poured her some Lactaid milk and she had a round rash on her cheek. She seems to tolerate cheese and butter now... but not ice cream and milk.

I sewed a chair bag for Calista!!! Instead of paying $10 for one, I cut one out from a table cloth we have. Jeremy wanted to assist, so, he pinned it together for me :D hehe We're so proud :D I sent it to school with her today; awaiting for the teacher's comments.

Oh yeah, I'm enjoying watermelon right now... one from what I grew!!! Its so awesome! We have a really big one still out there. I'm gonna have to take a pic of it before we pick it :D

2 comments:

jaymen said...

Yeah, it was really nice of the garbage men to come out bright and early last Monday morning. That's because the lazy SOBs knew that very few people would have their garbage cans out where they could get blown away. I hope they got hernias while trying to lift all the garbage this time around.

Alison said...

LOL
I really do believe that they are lazy... or else they have this really long route to take care of... I don't know... but, hopefully they'll pick a day to come, either Monday or Tuesday, whichever will be fine with me... I just hate leaving garbage on the side of the road... hate for a dog or cat to tear into it.