Thursday, November 10, 2005

CSA

Community Supported Agriculture database. Support your local farmers!

I just found out about this and sent them an email for more information.

There's 3 in Louisiana. One servicing the Acadiana area via Lafayette, one servicing Baton Rouge metro area and one servicing Covington, Bush, Foslom, Mandeville, Abita, and surrounding areas in St. Tammany Parish as well as the Greater New Orleans area.

Someone on one of my email lists (c-birth, unassisted homebirth) just talked about it and how it gets delivered to their homes! I wonder what kind of services this one in my area offers!

Even if they tell me they sell to certain grocery stores, I'd rather buy their wares from those stores and support them in that way, if I can't get to their exact location :)

No comments: