Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Jeremy's Attempt

to stop smoking began yesterday.

He told me, around 8pm last night that he hadn't smoked in 9 hrs. So, I asked him, "what? you ran out? lost them?" He said 'no' that he had told me Sunday that he was gonna try to stop this week. I know he didn't tell me that, I would have remembered such a conversation... esp. after all these years of wanting him to stop smoking... and having given up asking him, I would have been overjoyed to hear that.

So, he was crabby since he got home from work yesterday and this morning, he left the door open after he went to work!!! AGAIN! Enough for someone to walk into my house and God knows do whatever...

I mean, I just don't get it. If I had some habit that was taking money away from my family while we're in dire straits, I would have kicked them a long time ago. So, here have the gas money for Jeremy to go to and from work is like $50/wk. That, he needs to spend being that how we get money, so, its understandable.

THEN, one pack of cigarettes a day... let's say that's an average price of $3.75 (prolly low) which comes out to $26.25/wk. THEN beer... lord knows how much he drinks a day... hard to estimate that. Let's see... he gets the cheapest beer... I think its like $1.25/each. So, let's say he drinks 2 or 3 of them a day. I'll say 3 because sometimes he goes back to the store to get more. Wow, that comes out to $26.25/wk too! So, that's $52.50 in vices, at least, a week.... comes out to $210/mth. Hmm.... I think with that $200/mth, we could catch up on all those really past due bills... don't ya think? NOT TO MENTION THE FACT that I NEED new bras!!!! Desperately! And when you have to buy the size I need, they don't come cheap! Calista is gonna need new shirts, at the least, for school, that starts Aug. 11th. as well as other supplies.

Yeah, guess I'm ranting today... so much for my 'mostly harmless' title :D

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Tell him I said 'good luck'
Corey and Shane both kicked the habbit!!

Alison said...

I was wondering if they stuck to it or not.

Jessica said...

I know Corey for sure, but he's gaining weighht. Says he even eats breakfast now. Wouldn't say it's alot of weight, but he's noticing it. What cool is he's going to B.R. every week with his unc L.J. and he smokes.

And yeah, I'm sure Shane is doing well with it too, the other day he said he was "smoke free"!!
Whoo-hoo!! Wonder what went up these fellow's butts ?? :)

Corey said it was too much $$, what's funny is Dana said she would pay...

jaymen said...

"he left the door open after he went to work!!!"

I'm walking over there right now . . .

BWA HA HAAA!

Julie said...

Jay's a freak!!!

I remember one of the MANY time my dad tried to quit smoking he was chewing the nicorette gum, he was wearing a couple of those stop smoking patches, AND chain smoking all at the same time!!! Good luck, Jeremy and so sorry for you, Alison! You can come to our house to escape him any time you need to.

Alison said...

lmao @ Jay! You freak!

Well, he's not doing anything for nicotine... just going cold turkey. So far so good. Its Wednesday now and still no smokey smokey... yay!