Saturday, November 10, 2012

Bronchitis

I thought October wasn't very kind to me... looks like November is trying to beat that...
What started out as a wet cough got progressively worse.
After having fever throughout the day for a week as well as throwing up every morning (mucous), I finally asked Jeremy to bring me to Urgent Care in Opelousas.   This was a Friday evening and there were quite a few people there.  We sat in the waiting room for 3 hrs!  Calista 'babysat' her siblings.  I kept in touch with her via text messaging using an app called iGotChat that they can use with our older Android phones via wi-fi since we no longer have a land line.
I finally get called in and tell them what I'm experiencing, the doctor says I have bronchitis.  I'm having a sharp pain in my right side every time I cough.  I was thinking they may do an X-Ray on my chest but they didn't and I didn't suggest because I figure they know what they're doing.
The Dr. prescribed a 5 day round of Zpacs (Azithromycin) as well as Deconex DMX (decongestant, cough suppressant, and expectorant).

No comments: