Thursday, January 05, 2017

Paleo Diet

We (Jeremy and I) just finished day 2 of the paleo diet.  It really shouldn't be to hard to stick with.  It's mostly getting rid of glutens.  Kind of like the Atkin's Diet, but, you can eat a good variety of vegetables and fruits.

Yesterday and today, I ate 2 eggs with bell pepper, onion, seasoned with Tony's Chachere; today, I added tomato to them :)

For dinner last night, Jeremy put pork chops in a casserole dish; covered them with hot sauce, onions, bell peppers, broccoli, and seasoning.  Cooked until meat was done.  Really very tasty!

Tonight, I put chicken thighs in the Ninja slow cooker.  Added onions, bell peppers, chopped tomatos, a little Sriracha sauce, and chopped carrots.  Also pretty tasty; the kids liked it! :D

Jeremy stopped at the store on the way home from work and picked up some groceries.  He bought more coconut oil, almond milk, coconut milk (in cans - tastes so yummy), and spaghetti squash, etc...

I have to say that I'm soooo happy that Jeremy is doing this with me!  Makes it easier to continue and avoid the "no-no" list of food!  We both need to drop some weight!  He hovers between 195-200 lbs and I've been hovering around 175-180 lbs!  UGH!!!  We have to change something!!!

My online friend (whom I've met in real life twice), Sasha, has lost 60 lbs in a relatively short time and has kept it off with this paleo diet!  Since I've met her in real life, I know how she looked... so, I know she's isn't lying (not her nature anyways! lol). Her progress has been amazing!!!  She started this year at 99 lbs!  Of course, she is a little shorter than I am, but, still!  She looks great!  I'd be happy to lose 40 lbs!  More than 40 would be awesome though! 

No comments: