Monday, April 08, 2013

Fasting

Okay, so, I turn 40 yrs old this month!  OMG!  Where did the years go?  Yes, I realize that's a cliche'... but, it's so true!  I really don't feel that old!

So, for some reason, my body wants to be heavier... and I've gained like 10 lbs so far this year... and I just can't allow that to continue!  What am I doing to stop and reverse this?  Well, I've started getting on my Gazelle again and doing some ab exercises.  Today, I'm trying to start a water fast.  So far, so good!  By 7:30 pm, it will have been 24 hrs without food!  I am going to try to go for 3 days.  I really will!  I think the most I've gone was 2 days... LOL  I think... I'm hoping to get over the headaches and tummy growling and continue without food.  I think I need it.  Not just because of my weight gain; but, because of having had pneumonia at the end of last year.  Even now, when I inhale deeply, I can sometimes feel it 'catch' in my right side (which is where the pneumonia was).  Maybe fasting will allow my body to heal properly without having to digest food.  That's my hope, anyways.  I really want to do this.  I think I'm head strong enough to go through with it.  And I don't like how much I want to snack and eat sweets now... I am not normally like that... so, I need to put a stop to that!  Problem?  Having to feed my family!  The smell of good food!  I just love food so much! hahaha  But, I need to do this.  Jeremy told me not to worry about cooking tonight.  We have leftovers as well as easy to cook food that the kids can prepare and eat.

Another thing that we're trying to do, as a family, is to abstain from dairy (at least in the house and at Jeremy's work).  Jeremy has noticed that he feels better when he goes without and that when he does consume any dairy, he gets this red blotchiness on his face, around his nose and under his eyes!  Internally, his gut feels awful, he tells me.  It makes crazy noise when he presses different areas that even I can hear.  He'd really like to fast (it was his idea for himself, actually), but, with him working 6 to 7 days a week; we don't think that's a good idea.  To fast, you need to be able to rest because it can take a lot out of you.

No comments: